Django 1.6.1 release notes
December 12, 2013
This is Django 1.6.1, a bugfix release for Django 1.6. In addition to the bug
fixes listed below, translations submitted since the 1.6 release are also
- Fixed BCryptSHA256PasswordHasher with py-bcrypt and Python 3 (#21398).
- Fixed a regression that prevented a ForeignKey with a hidden reverse
manager (related_name ending with ‘+’) from being used as a lookup for
- Fixed Queryset.datetimes
raising AttributeError in some situations (#21432).
- Fixed ModelBackend raising
UnboundLocalError if get_user_model()
raised an error (#21439).
- Fixed a regression that prevented editable GenericRelation subclasses
from working in ModelForms (#21428).
- Added missing to_python method for ModelMultipleChoiceField which
is required in Django 1.6 to properly detect changes from initial values
- Fixed django.contrib.humanize translations where the unicode sequence
for the non-breaking space was returned verbatim (#21415).
- Fixed loaddata error when fixture file name contained any dots
not related to file extensions (#21457) or when fixture path was relative
but located in a subdirectory (#21551).
- Fixed display of inline instances in formsets when parent has 0 for primary
- Fixed a regression where custom querysets for foreign keys were overwritten
if ModelAdmin had ordering set (#21405).
- Removed mention of a feature in the --locale/-l option of the
makemessages and compilemessages commands that never worked as
promised: Support of multiple locale names separated by commas. It’s still
possible to specify multiple locales in one run by using the option
multiple times (#21488, #17181).
- Fixed a regression that unnecessarily triggered settings configuration when
importing get_wsgi_application (#21486).
- Fixed test client logout() method when using the cookie-based session
- Fixed a crash when a GeometryField uses a non-geometric widget (#21496).
- Fixed password hash upgrade when changing the iteration count (#21535).
- Fixed a bug in the debug view when the URLconf only contains one element
- Re-added missing search result count and reset link in changelist admin view
- The current language is no longer saved to the session by LocaleMiddleware
on every response, but rather only after a logout (#21473).
- Fixed a crash when executing runserver on non-English systems and when the
formatted date in its output contained non-ASCII characters (#21358).
- Fixed a crash in the debug view after an exception occurred on Python ≥ 3.3
- Fixed a crash in ImageField on some platforms
(Homebrew and RHEL6 reported) (#21355).
- Fixed a regression when using generic relations in ModelAdmin.list_filter